How to set up Azure Backup on a QNAP NAS
Setting up Azure Backup on a QNAP NAS is quite different to using Microsoft Azure Recovery Services or the Azure Backup Client to protect virtual machines or files. QNAP has an app marketplace with an Azure Backup app that will backup your data directly into an Azure Storage account that you’ve created. Here’s how to set it up.
- Log into the QNAP and go to the App Center.
- Search for “Azure” and install the Azure Storage app.
- Open the app. It’ll look like this:
- Click on the account menu option and click Create Account.
- Enter the details as retrieved from your storage account in Azure portal. If you haven’t set up a storage account yet, follow these instructions to set one up in the old portal or the new portal.
- Now setup a backup (click on the backup option and click “Create Job”)
- Tick the folders you want to back up and click Next.
- Configure the schedule and click Next.
- Configure the backup policy options as desired
- Configure filter rules
- Configure Cloud options
- Configure job name and options
- Confirm the settings to finish