How to Install Labtech on Hyper-V Server 2016 (or Server Core 2016)
The process to install the LabTech RMM agent on Windows Server 2016 (Hyper-V or Server Core) isn’t as easy as running the standard installer. Here’s how you get it working:
- Download the Agent_Install.exe from another machine and transfer to the \\<servername>\C$ folder on the Hyper-V server
- Run the installation from the command prompt on the server and wait for the installation completed successfully
- Install .Net framework 3.5 via the following command:
DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All
- Use notepad.exe to edit the .Net Framework v2 machine.config located in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG folder. Scroll right to the bottom to add the following line underneath the final </configuration> tag.
<system.net> <defaultProxy> <proxy usesystemdefault="false" bypassonlocal="true" /> </defaultProxy> </system.net>
- Stop and start the Labtech service using the following commands:
SC STOP LTService SC START LTService
- Wait 10 minutes and refresh your LT tree, all done!